Respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data
Mirek Studio Co., Ltd (herein, “Mirek Studio”) collects information to understand your needs better. This helps us to improve our services and the way we communicate with you.
We know that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve you. We conduct our business in compliance with local privacy laws and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information.
This Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information.
Ways we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information when you:
– Register for Mirek Studio products and services
– Sign up for alerts or newsletters
– Contact us with a question or request for help
– Participate in any rewards and promotions or surveys
– Visit the Mirek Studio website
The information we collect
The information we collect depends on the products and services you use and register for. Here are key examples:
– Your identity – This includes: your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, as well as service-related information such as credit card details, device ID and IP address.
– Your interaction with us – For example, a note, email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
Your account information – For example, the subscription services you use or other details related to your account.
– Information on your use of our services – For example, photographs, textfiles, markup documents, order names, image quantities, file names, order output titles, output details and selected add-on services.
– Your preferences – This is based on what you share with us on how you would like to be contacted, and your preferred products, services and lifestyle activities, for example.
– Information relating to your use of the Mirek Studio website – This information facilitates our provision to you. For example, terminal information, log information, cookies and anonymous ID and location information.
How we use your information
We may use your information for:
Provisioning & administration of services
– Process your orders and activate or deactivate services
– Enable us to process bills and payments
– Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorized
– Inform you about service upgrades, updates, advice and/or recommendations
– Provision to you of services through the Mirek Studio website
– Other marketing
Market research, network & service enhancement
– Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys to improve our customer service; develop new products, as well as personalise the services we offer you
– Perform market analysis
Sharing of rewards and benefits
– Offer rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs which you may qualify for
– Determining your eligibility for rewards and promotions
– Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising, including through voice and SMS with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
Security and risk management
– Inform you of service and security issues
– Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes and recover debts
– Ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems
Legal & regulatory requirements
– Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies
– Conduct anti-money laundering and related checks
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties for commercial purposes, without seeking your explicit permission.
We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
How we use the images you send to us
Mirek Studio provides customers with image editing services. We use your images as reasonably necessary for Mirek Studio to perform the services you requested.
We will not use any image sent to us for commercial or private use without your prior consent.
We deliver your images via a public URL and urge you to use discretion in sending us images that may be sensitive to you or to third parties.
Under no circumstances will Mirek Studio be liable for unauthorised transmission of images that do not belong to you.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
– Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver services you have registered for
– Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
– Research institutions for market analysis purposes
Your information is disclosed to above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
In some cases, we encrypt, anonymise and aggregate the information before sharing it.
Anonymising means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or segments, e.g. – age groups.
Protecting your information
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
– Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
– Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
Respecting your contact preferences
We may send marketing messages to you if:
a. you have given us consent, OR
b. the sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programs, promotions, special deals in addition to company updates and professional tips, new articles, insider advice and more.
If you wish to continue receiving such messages or to opt out, or withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, you can indicate your preference at any time via email@example.com.
Your request will be processed as soon as practical. Please note that after opting out, you may still continue to receive non-marketing messages, such as product updates and service notices as permitted under applicable local laws and regulations.
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.
This Policy applies to all Mirek Studio products and services provided Mirek Studio Co., Ltd.